Last Update: Nov 3, 2020
TL;DR - read a US Secret Service subpoena and our reply.
Summary Without the Legalese!
- We log only the amount of bandwidth you consume. We do not log anything else, including URLs you visit,
content you send or receive, metadata, and anything else about how you use FoxyProxy.
- We don't track what you do with your VPN/proxy services. We don't sell your data or personal info, even if you provide it. Even if we are acquired by or merge with another company or dissolve, no data we have about you will be sold or provided to 3rd parties in any way unless required by law.
- We don't advertise.
- We don't do affiliate marketing. We do not have 'affiliates' and reject the affiliate marketing business.
- If you use one of our free products or services, we don't collect any information about you.
- If you use our support system, this system asks for an email address in order to notify you of replies. You are encouraged to use a disposable email address for this purpose, although we will never share or sell that address, give it to a 3rd party unless required by law, nor send any emails to it except reply notifications.
- If you use one of our paid services, we collect the minimum information possible in order only to bill you. For example, we cannot bill a credit card without a name. If we did collect billing information from you, that information (except your email address) is not stored by us. It is stored by our payment provider, Recurly. We also accept digital currencies (bitcoin, ethereum, etc) if you'd prefer not to divulge any information about yourself. Contact us for wallet addresses since we are not integrated with our payment processor's digital currency system.
- If you use one of our paid services, we ask for an email address. You are encouraged to use a disposable, anonymous email address. We use this email address only to provide you with account information, and to alert you of changes to your account information.
- If we did collect minimal billing information from you during checkout, we will never share or sell it. We will never give it to a 3rd party unless required by law. We will never market to you directly unless you expressly opt-in when making a purchase or when setting the marketing preference in the control panel. Once again, if we did collect billing information from you, that information (except your email address) is not stored by us. It is stored by our payment processor, Recurly.
- Automatic renewal of service will only occur if you opt-in when making a purchase or when setting the automatic-renewal preference in the control panel.
- Privacy policies and data collection and use policies will be human readable, comprehensive, and easy to locate
- Only the minimum amount of information necessary to provide you with services will be collected and maintained, and only for so long as reasonably needed or required
- Information you provide through our Websites, or that we gather as a result of your use of our Websites, will not be used for marketing or advertising purposes, nor will it be provided voluntarily (without your permission) to anyone else unless required by United States law
- Unless restricted or prohibited by United States law, and provided your email address has been collected and retained, you will be notified when circumstances require FoxyProxy to provide a third party with your personal information.
Except as required by United States court order, FoxyProxy:
- will not track, store or transmit to any server or third party, information regarding users' data (including web browsing activity and behavioral data)
- will not sell or otherwise work with third parties to market additional software to users
- will not deliver or help others deliver any targeted advertising to users
- will not store users' passwords and login credentials except those issued by FoxyProxy VPN/proxy services
Please note: FoxyProxy's policy is required by law, not permitted by law, since permitted means almost anything is allowed, Required by law means situations where company executives receive a valid United States court order and is compelled to comply or face prison and/or fines.
Information We Collect When You Use VPN/Proxy Service (because we can't avoid it)
We do not log anything on our VPN/proxy servers except amount of bandwidth used by your account (identified by your username only, not email address or IP address). We collect bandwidth usage to properly load-balance our servers. Load-balancing is required to maintain a good level of service for all customers. We do not log anything else, including information about you, the sites you visit, or anything about the way in which you use our servers. You can see an example log file in our FAQ.
Information We Collect On Our Website (because we can't avoid it)
- We do not use web beacons, analytics software, or any other tracking methods on our websites.
- If purchasing from us, we ask for an email address. You are encouraged to use an anonymous or disposable email address. We use this email address only to provide you with account information, and to alert you of changes to your account information. We do not store your name, credit/debit card numbers, addresses, or anything else you provide for purchase. However, our payment processors, Stripe and Recurly, may do so.
- We won't share your information unless we are compelled by legal orders from a United States court.
- No specifics of users and what they do on our site are gathered or retained.
- We do not track which pages on our site are visited or when ("web analytics").
This website is not directed at individuals under thirteen years of age.
If you have questions about (or suggestions for!) this policy, please contact us.