Last Updated: January 2016
Summary Without the Legalese!
- We log only amount of bandwidth you use, not URLs, content or anything else about how you use your accounts.
- We don't track what you do with your account. We don't sell your data or personal info, if you provide it.
- We don't advertise.
- If you use one of our free products or services, we don't collect any information about you.
- If you use our support system or community forums, those systems ask for an email address in order to notify you of replies. You are encouraged to use a disposable email address for this purpose, although we will never share or sell that address, give it to a 3rd party unless required by law, nor send any emails to it except reply notifications.
- If you use one of our paid services, we ask for an email address. You are encouraged to use an anonymous email address. We use this email address only to provide you with account information, and to alert you of changes to your account information.
- If we did collect minimal billing information from you during checkout, we will never share or sell it. We will never give it to a 3rd party unless required by law. We will never market to you directly unless you expressly opt-in when making a purchase or when setting the marketing preference in the control panel.
- Automatic renewal of service will only occur if you expressly opt-in when making a purchase or when setting the automatic-renewal preference in the control panel.
- Privacy policies and data collection and use policies should be human readable, comprehensive, and easy to locate
- Only the minimum amount of information necessary to provide you with services should be collected and maintained, and only for so long as reasonably needed or required
- Information you provide through our Websites, or that we gather as a result of your use of our Websites, should not be used for marketing or advertising purposes, nor should it be provided voluntarily (without your permission) to anyone else unless required by law
- Unless restricted or prohibited by law, and provided your email address has been collected and retained, you should be notified when circumstances require FoxyProxy to provide a third party with your personal information.
Except as required by law, FoxyProxy LLC:
- will not track, store or transmit to any server or third party, information regarding users' data (including web browsing activity and behavioral data)
- will not sell or otherwise work with third parties to market additional software to users
- will not deliver or help others deliver any targeted advertising to users
- will not store users' passwords and login credentials except those issued by FoxyProxy VPN/proxy services
Please note that FoxyProxy's policy is required by law, not permitted by law, since permitted means almost anything is allowed, Required are situations where the company executives receive a valid court order, for example, and is compelled to comply or face prison and/or fines.
Information We Collect When You Use VPN/Proxy Service (because we can't avoid it)
We do not log anything on our VPN/proxy servers except amount of bandwidth consumed by your account (identified by your username). We collect bandwidth information to properly load-balance our servers. Load-balancing is required to maintain a good level of service for all customers. We do not log anything else, including information about you, the sites you visit, or anything about the way in which you use our servers.
Information We Collect On Our Website (because we can't avoid it)
- We do not use web beacons, analytics software, or any other tracking methods on our websites.
- If purchasing from us, we ask for an email address. You are encouraged to use an anonymous or disposable email address. We use this email address only to provide you with account information, and to alert you of changes to your account information. We do not store your name, credit/debit card numbers, addresses, or anything else you provide for purchase. However, our payment processors, Stripe and Recurly, may do so.
- We won't share or rent your information unless we are compelled by legal orders
- No specifics of users and what they do on our site are gathered or retained
- We keep aggregate track of which pages on our site are visited and when, but no personalized data is stored
This website is not directed at individuals under thirteen years of age.
If you have questions about (or suggestions for!) this policy, please contact us.